Chris Walker Debuts for Florida
Finally, after sitting out the Gators first 21 games of the season, much-hyped freshman Chris Walker made his first appearance for Billy Donovan.
The highly anticipated debut left us with a definitive highlight, but it was not really related to Walker’s box score.
— LostLettermen.com (@LostLettermen) February 5, 2014
Are we sure Chris Walker has three tattoos of lips on his neck or might he have had a spectacular pregame makeout session?
— Joe Walljasper (@JoeWalljasper) February 5, 2014
A Sea of Golden Bears Fans
Perhaps it is the look yellow and blue gives when a filter is applied, but an abundance of gorgeous pictures and videos were captured from Saturday’s wild scene at Haas Pavilion following Cal’s upset of then-undefeated and then-No. 1 Arizona. Click on the image below or here to browse through the entire feed from Instagram.
Staying in Berkeley, the Golden Bears followed up their big win with a big dud against Bay Area rival Stanford. While the Cardinal is all about their Revenge of the Nerds thing, just watch this Cal undergrad bring and solve his Rubik’s Cubesin the middle of a sporting event.
“Playing with a chip on his shoulder” … literally
Hard not to giggle at this play on words from a few members of Division III Emory and Henry in Virginia.
That being said, the Wasps may be a roster of tough-to-motivate players – they’re currently 2-18 overall.
Michael Cobbins has a face for everything
Junior Oklahoma State forward Michael Cobbins has been out with an injury since the end of non-conference play, but the camera has managed to find and broadcast him into our living rooms. The GIF below was Cobbins’ classic reaction following a Brian Williams dunk against Iowa State, but it is a visceral reaction that can apply to just about anything.
Hey Michael, did you hear about Stevie [Clark]? He’s been booted from the team.
I’m buggin’. We’re No. 19 in the country, hosting the No. 16 Cyclones. Why is this place only half full for Big Monday?
Yoooo! Brian [Williams] just went HAM on that dude.
Thanks to Brian and a few patented flops from Marcus [Smart], we’re going to double overtime now!
- The most recent college basketball meme is preseason player of the year meets the latest hot mobile game [Twitter].
- Not only is Doug McDermott the best college basketball player in the country; he may also be the best Instagrammer. This #TBT pic with his father and coach is adorable [Instagram].
- Cal Poly forward Chris Eversley threw one down on 7’6″ Mamadou Ndiaye of UC Irvine. This also answers your question as to who is currently the tallest player in college basketball [YouTube].
More from Rush The Court
Latest posts by (see all)
- HIGHLIGHTS: Austin Shines in Title Win - March 31, 2015
- McDonald’s week off & running - March 31, 2015
- McD’s Spotlight: Thomas Bryant - March 31, 2015
- McD’s spotlight: Brandon Ingram - March 31, 2015
- McDonald’s All-American Game 2015: Roster, TV Schedule and Top Prospects - March 31, 2015